The department of electrical engineering has been playing a vital role in producing scientists and technologists of highest caliber ever since it was established in the year 1961. The department runs three under graduate programmes and 9 post-graduate programmes to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of electrical engineering such as Integrated electronics and circuits, Tele-communications, Computer technology, Control & Automation, Power systems & Power electronics.
In addition to the strong undergraduate programs, the department has been playing a pioneering role in producing world class postgraduates and research scholars. The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate. The department has distinguished faculty, all holding Ph.D. degrees from renowned institutes in India and abroad. There are two Fellows of IEEE in the department and many other faculty members are Fellows of several national and international scientific bodies. The faculty of the department has been constantly carrying out research on many cutting edge technologies and regularly publishes in IEEE and other top international journals. The department also undertakes many research projects sponsored by both the government and the industry.
Post Graduate Admissions, May 2015:
Tentative schedule (updated 26 March 2015):
- VDTT & JOP program : 13th May 2015 (Wednesday)
- M.Tech & M.S.(R) program : 14th & 15th May 2015 (Thursday & Friday)
- Ph.D program : 18th May 2015 (Monday)
- Prospective students should familiarize themselves with the relevant program and faculty members of interest here.
- Click here to download the shortlisting criteria: Ph.D., M.Tech., M.S.(R) (provisional criteria). [Update, 09 May 2015] -> As per the 2015-16 Information Brochure (page 8), the date for calculation of minimum experience for part-time candidates shall be the date of registration i.e. July 22, 2015. This supersedes the earlier notification in this regard.
- ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation to candidates coming for interview will be provided at the Shivalik Hostel (Boys) and Kailash Hostel (Girls) on sharing basis on payment of Rs.230.00 per day (lodging and boarding).
The payment shall be made by way of demand draft drawn in favour of 'Deans Discretionary Fund Shivalik/Kailash Hostel'.