The department of electrical engineering has been playing a vital role in producing scientists and technologists of highest caliber ever since it was established in the year 1961. The department runs three under graduate programmes and 9 post-graduate programmes to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of electrical engineering such as Integrated electronics and circuits, Tele-communications, Computer technology, Control & Automation, Power systems & Power electronics .
In addition to the strong undergraduate programs, the department has been playing a pioneering role in producing world class postgraduates and research scholars. The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate. The department has distinguished faculty, all holding Ph.D. degrees from renowned institutes in India and abroad. There are two Fellows of IEEE in the department and many other faculty members are Fellows of several national and international scientific bodies. The faculty of the department has been constantly carrying out research on many cutting edge technologies and regularly publishes in IEEE and other top international journals. The department also undertakes many research projects sponsored by both the government and the industry.
Faculty Hiring: EE department is looking for outstanding applicants. Applications can be sent at anytime in the year. Kindly, send your details to Dr.(Mrs.) B. Bhaumik
Post Graduate Admissions, May 2014:
- JTM interview date: 15 May 2014
- JOP interview dates: 15 May 2014 (Qualifying degree of B.E/B.Tech (Electrical/E&C/Computer Science)) & 19 May 2014 (Qualifying degree of M.Sc (Physics/Electronics) or B.Tech (Engineering Physics))
- M.Tech. / M.S.(R) interview dates: 16, 17 May 2014
- Ph.D. interview dates: 19 May 2014
- Click here to download the shortlisting criteria: M.Tech., Ph.D.
- List of shortlisted candidates : (Communication Engineering) EEE, (Computer Technology) EET, (Control & Automation) EEA, (Integrated Electronics & Circuits) EEN, (Power Electronics, Electrical Machines & Drives) EEP, (Power Systems) EES, (Joint Optoelectronics Program): GEN, OBC, PH, SC, ST, (Bharti programs): JTM, BSY, BSZ.
- Prospective PhD students interested in working in the area of communications, please click here for further information.